When your technology performs well, your business will follow suit. Unfortunately, technology is volatile, and it doesn’t take much for things to start glitching.
To help your business out, we used our experience as an IT services provider in DFW to create a simple how-to guide — one that covers the IT services basics:
Well-oiled with fully managed IT services
It kind of goes without saying — if you want your technology to work, then it actually needs to turn on.
But how do you guarantee that your technology turns on every day? That your workstations work without fail, your servers serve without issue, and your printers print without hassle?
Well, that’s simple. You treat it right.
It’s kind of like your car. You feed it gas. Change its oil. Get it cleaned. And call it pretty. And hopefully, all this love and attention will keep it driving seamlessly for years to come.
Now, let’s talk about business technology. Take the mighty server as an example.
That bad boy is responsible for serving information to clients that are connected to it. It’s kind of like the hivemind of your business – so having it fail on you isn’t an option. Much like your car, you need to take good care of it to ensure that it serves you well.
The server is just one example. The second you stop paying attention to your technology, things will probably start to fall apart.
To avoid this fate, here’s what we recommend:
- Feed your technology — Provide your technology with regular upkeep and IT maintenance. Make sure it’s updated, well-oiled, and ready to go. Give it enough attention and it’ll pay off.
- Partner with a pro and tag-team your IT — You’re really good at what you do, but does that include hardware maintenance, IT repairs, and software updates? Probably not. So partner with someone who is really good at it, like a managed IT services provider who specializes in strategic IT consulting and solutions in DFW.
Related: 3 common PC issues you can fix in 30 seconds or less
Always covered with layered IT security
So what if your technology is well-oiled? Does this mean your technology is good to go? Not exactly.
You can take care of your technology all day long … but if it’s not secure and if it comes into contact with a nasty piece of malware, then all that care will be for nothing. You’ll suffer from glitches. Your equipment will run slowly or even freeze up. And when all is said and done, you may not even have any data left.
To help you out, here’s what we’ve got for you:
- Layer it on — You need a layered network security solution to meet all of your DFW business requirements — not just some of them. From spam and viruses to admin policies and physical safeguards, you need a fully managed security solution that covers all the bases.
- Don’t forget mobility — Cloud-based software and connected gadgets aren’t going away anytime soon. So do yourself a favor and develop a comprehensive BYOD policy that addresses and secures all connected devices in your company. This includes your wireless solutions. Here’s a helpful how-to that covers Wi-Fi security necessities.
- Find a partner — When it comes to securing your technology, it’s the same logic as maintaining it. You need to partner with a managed IT services provider in DFW who is a cybersecurity expert. Get that company to build you a layered solution, have them implement it, and then keep them around to help you manage it.
Related: 3 more common PC issues you can fix in 30 seconds or less
A Little Something Called Backup
You can’t (or at least, shouldn’t) talk about security without mentioning it’s partner in crime, data backup. Think of data backup as a failsafe that’s there to help out. If your security falters and a cyberattack gets through, your data backup can help you recover and start fresh.
Keep in mind that your security still needs to protect the data backups. It’s the technological yin-yang that keeps many businesses in a security balance.
Let’s dig a little deeper – why would you need data backup solutions in the first place?
For starters, there’s your everyday data disasters that can cause expensive downtime (and other nasty side effects). This is stuff that you can face every day, so it’s especially important to understand how backup and recovery tie into your grander security strategy.
Of course, there’s also the more “historic” stuff to consider. Looking back at the biggest data disasters of the last few years gives your business key insights to avoiding security and data breach trends.
Constantly evolving with IT consulting
So you have technology that’s force-fed maintenance and security solutions all year ‘round. Now what?
Don’t forget to evolve it.
Keep your technology performing at its best by making sure it’s up-to-date with the latest and greatest.
In other words …
- Are you using updated software and hardware? And this includes facets of your technology like your browser and router. If your IT components are outdated, this means two things: One, you’re more liable to create vulnerabilities and experience security issues. Two, your competitive edge will start to slip and your abilities will lack in comparison to other companies.
- Do you have a plan for the future? If you don’t, then you’ll eventually notice that your company as a whole can’t adapt or grow that well. Your business will struggle to scale, adopt new technologies, and modernize. If this is the case, it’s important to seek out an IT consultant in DFW — one that specializes in leveraging emerging technology to make strategic business decisions.
Planning on expanding your business soon? Check out this article on how to expand your wireless capabilities.
Go forth and technology like you’ve never technology’d before. That’s what.
But seriously. Embrace technology and your business will go far. And hey, if you ever need any extra tips, tricks, or guidance, feel free to visit our learning center. We’ve got plenty more insight where this came from.
Looking for IT services in DFW?
Then look no further. We’ve got you covered. Splendid Technology provides innovative and fully managed IT services in DFW and beyond. We specialize in security, hardware solutions, workplace collaboration, and more. Check out our services here.